I've now told a TON of people at work that I'm adopting, including my boss. I feel so much better that it's out in the open, even though there is no set date yet for when it will happen. Overall, the support and interest I've gotten from the people I've told have been awesome. I've even starting getting chain emails (which I hate in general) about motherhood, from people telling me that they will apply to me soon, too. I thought my boss would be worried about the projects I'm on that I'll be neglecting when I'm away, but no, the first thing she said was that she wanted to babysit! One woman at work was so touched by my news that she even starting crying when I was showing her Meke's pictures online, which made me cry, too!
By the way, "Meke" is simply Mekdelawit's shortened name for postings and emails until I decide what name I will give her. I have to find just the perfect name for her. Something elegant, ethnic, and unique at the same time, just like her. Nothing cutesy, preppy, yuppie or common. I'm open to suggestions, as long as you don't get offended if I don't take them!
New website and blog :-)
11 years ago

1 comments:
Have you considered sticking with the name Meke, the shortened version of her true name? You can't get more original, ethnic, and beautiful than that.
Post a Comment