My dad turned 83 on April 24th. We celebrated with a spaghetti dinner at his house yesterday. Overall, it was a grand success. I think he enjoyed himself, despite all the grandkids (whose names he can't remember!) running around. I know he liked the wine that I brought; I overheard him comment to Paul that it had much more body than the New York Country Red he buys for $5 a gallon.
Here he is with his buddy Paul, and with me.
My family also presented me with all of the items they had bought me together. Here I am opening them.
And here is all the stuff unpacked back at my house. Not shown in this picture are the baby monitors and the car seat! I still can't get over how much everyone has done for me and Meke.
I also have a highchair and stroller (hand-me-downs), so I think I have practically everything I need for her in my house. Now I need to focus on getting her room ready and preparing for the trip!
In less than 3 weeks, I will meet Meke for the first time. In less than a month, we'll be back home!

0 comments:
Post a Comment