May 11, 2008

Baby shower at work

Twenty-two people contributed to gifts and threw me a surprise baby shower at work last Thursday. They were led by their fearless leader, aka the Queen of Surprising People, Brenda. They gave me tons of wonderful and personal gifts, including clothes, diapers, baby books, a hand-knitted afghan, baby supplies, a picture frame, stuffed animals, bath toys, and gift cards. The Child of my Heart verse that I've just added to the blog above Meke's pictures on the right came with a beautiful gift from my friend Carol; the gift was a Willow Tree statue of a woman holding an older baby. They made me read the verse out loud and I got all choked up because it was so appropriate. Meke is a child of the world and the child of my heart!
*************************************************************************
Here I am looking surprised because I thought I had been summoned to deal with yet another work problem, thanks to Brenda!
The beautiful cake.
Billie got me several children's books, all of which are about animals and were her daughter's favorites when she was little. I've already set aside "Good Dog Carl" to take on the trip for Meke to "read" on the plane.

And all the loot back home displayed on the dining room table. You can't see the gift cards in this picture, but they will buy a heckuva LOT more stuff for Meke!

I am amazed by everyone's generosity and am truly grateful to have such special friends. Again, I am struck by how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life, especially amidst all the chaos and stress that is work.

0 comments: