May 17, 2008

Hang on Meke!


I'll meet my daughter one week from today! Hard to believe I leave in 5 days. I don't even know how to tell if and when I'm ready!

My friends threw me another baby shower the other day, totally surprised me! Sue and Patty got together and planned it at my favorite hangout; Tina, Pam and Kathy also came. They gave me and Meke many more wonderful presents, including some adorable clothes, a beautiful diaper bag, awesome toys including a toy bike and a sing and learn puppy, a gift certificate for professional photos, a gift card to go see Macy at JC Penney hair salon to have her teach me how to do Meke's hair, a teeny bikini, and some donations for the other kids at the orphanage. Again, I'm amazed and overwhelmed by the generosity and support from my most amazing friends. I always say that I am on top of the world every day -- having such awesome friends is one of the reasons for that!! I'm in love with my life, with Meke, and with all the possibilities life holds.

With all the happiness I have in my life, I don't need negative things to bring me down. I will never again rationalize away dishonesty or other things that raise red flags in my mind (which I visualize like all the tiny little hairs that stand up on your arm when you get cold -- you try to ignore them but they still make you uncomfortable). I won't ever again settle for something that is bad for me, knowing that I deserve better. This has been and will continue to be my vow to myself so that I can be a better person for me -- and a great mama to Meke.

0 comments: