June 26, 2008

Babe magnet?


Here is Layla swimming and having a blast with her pal Kelsie. She just loves the water and having fun!



And here she is posing in her new car seat that Aunt Sue installed in her car for outings.
Overall, she's doing quite well. Still some issues with sleeping and temper tantrums but maybe that's to be expected at her age and as she tests the waters in her new home. She's also very picky about eating these days, but at least she usually waits for me to put a napkin up to her mouth before she spits out what she doesn't like. She had bloodwork drawn the other day for her extensive testing that the doctor ordered. She also had a chest x-ray, which she hated as much as having the blood drawn. That was not a fun day in Layla's little world.
I am still struck by how much people love her. Everywhere we go people come up to her and talk to her. One woman in a store actually called her coworker out to look at her and talked to us for over 15 minutes, just totally worshipping Layla. I haven't yet devised an appropriate response to when people say how cute and adorable she is. I feel funny saying "thanks" because I had nothing to do with it. Sometimes I say, "I know!!" but that could come off as smart.
Men seem to like her too, and she likes to flirt with them, so perhaps she'll be my little babe magnet! If only I could take her to a bar...
(That was a tongue-in-cheek reference to a really old post called "I really can't take her to a bar?")

0 comments: