June 19, 2008

Today's blogworthy stuff

There are two blogworthy things to write about today.

First, Layla must have come to realize that there is a never-ending supply of food here in her new life, and that her mama (slash food slave) will always make sure she has enough to eat. She now "tells" me when she is full or doesn't want more of something. Unfortunately, the way she tells me is by taking the bite of food into her mouth, sucking on it for a few seconds so that it gets nice and mushy and disgusting, then opening her mouth wide like I'm supposed to reach in there and extract it. At first she was just spitting out what she didn't want. Now at least she is waiting for me to put a tissue up to her mouth for her to spit it into. It's funny. But not when I'm feeding her a meal and all she wants is the carrots so she spits out everything else. Today was not a good eating day for her. I'll bet today she ate 1/4 of what she ate on a typical day in the last 2 weeks. I hope she doesn't continue this picky trend.

My second blogworthy item for today has nothing really to do with Layla but I'm putting it on her blog anyway because it's important to me! Not as important as family, love and world peace, but still important. I got my hair straightened tonight! It should last for 6 months. I'm so excited! I love the new texture, I just hope I am able to style it like my stylist did. And now, back to Layla... she went with me to get my hair done so that she could watch and see that it's okay to have someone do your hair. The girls at Shear Innocence loved her and Layla especially took to Natalie, such a sweetheart! Layla impressed everyone there with her beauty, personality, and good behavior.

That's it for today.

0 comments: