August 18, 2008

First day of the rest of our lives

Today was my first day back at work, Layla's first day at the day care center, and also the first day that the day care center opened for business.


As my mom said, it's like the day care center opened just for me and Layla! The center is in a newly renovated building within about a 5 minute walk from my office. The women that work there seem so kind, thorough, respectful of parents' wishes, and interested in the children's well-being. The timing of their opening is absolutely amazing. As I mentioned in an earlier post, employees at my hospital have been clamoring for an onsite day care facility for years and years. It has been at least 10 years if not longer since there was a day care center on campus. The fact that this beautiful facility opened on the very day that I needed it for Layla is incredible.
So, how did Layla do on her first day at day care? Great!! Aside from a brief period of crying and yelling "Bobby" after me when I left, she had a blast there and came home utterly exhausted.

How did I do on my first day back to work? Not so bad!! I've accepted the inevitable, that I have to work and can't spend all my time with Layla like we got used to doing over the summer. It was actually kind of nice to talk to adults and use my brain for something other than writing blog posts. But I missed Layla incredibly and couldn't wait to go pick her up at the end of the day. She was so excited to see me, although that excitement quickly turned to b----iness due to her exhaustion from playing hard all day, as evidenced in the pictures below. I'm hopeful that she won't be such a total b---- when her routine is more established. (Well, she wasn't a total b---- all night, there were some extremely sweet displays of Layla-ness in between outbursts.)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey girl! I was wondering how you both did....glad it all went so well!! I love that first pic...what on earth had you done to that poor girl to deserve that look????

SisterMom said...

Haha--her and Addis are so much alike! What total Prima Donas I love her b_______ess