Layla's badness is abating. She is definitely a stubborn child who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to demand it when she wants it. But the badness that I posted about a few weeks ago seems to be diminishing. She still has her moments, believe me, but they are fewer than before. I guess I could just be adjusting to her personality so I don't perceive it as badly as before, but even Aunt Sue said she seems to be better.
I even have proof! Look what she let me do to her hair today, with very minimal protest. I quote John Malkovich's character in one of my all-time favorite movies, Dangerous Liasons, when he reports back to Glenn Close's character that he was able to do the impossible and seduce Michelle Pfeiffer's character... Success! Success!
Back to Layla... Remember this was my first actual attempt to do her hair. This next picture was taken on the flight back from Ethiopia and shows what it should look like. Notice the straight parts and even sections.
Pretty soon, we'll be doing some fancy hair stuff. Now I just need to learn how!
Here's more proof of Layla's good nature. She plays and laughs like this almost all day long. She is just absolutely adorable. Everyone says so!

0 comments:
Post a Comment