December 30, 2008

Then and now

It's now been a little over a year since I first learned that a certain little Ethiopian girl named Mekdelawit would likely be my daughter. It was Christmas Eve 2007 when I received her referral and what a great Christmas it was, looking at her picture over and over again with my family and friends, and thinking forward to Christmas 2008 when she'd be with me. (Read my post about it here.) Back then it seemed somewhat unreal to me, that this little girl would be part of me, but now I can't imagine my life without her.
Here are some pictures of her then at 10 months, and now at 22 months.

THEN...

AND NOW...

(on Christmas morning looking at what Santa left for her under the tree)


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awww....I so remember those days. The waiting. The wondering. The worrying. And now...we have our girls!! The difference a year makes is just unbelievable. She is so beautiful.

Lisa said...

I fully understand it when I hear "They grow up so fast!" I still look at Z and feel like I am going to wake up from a dream! (OK or a nightmare on some days!) LOL