February 07, 2008

All green lights

A few days before I received my referral from Grace (I didn't miss the fact that I received my referral from a compassionate woman with such a spiritual name), I received an exciting email at work. My hospital, where I've worked for almost seventeen years, announced that it is opening a day care for employees' children. Now, during my long tenure there, employees had constantly clamored for an onsite day care center, but never was one established. Until now. The timing is fateful, as if I am on a path that was laid out for me long ago, and I'm just now following it instead of wandering off the trail to look at things along the way. My favorite analogy is that someone is going ahead of me on a long road trip turning all the traffic lights to green. Of course, I have to own the car, insure it, put gas in it, take it for service, and get behind the wheel and drive it, but the road is clear ahead of me, enabling me to reach that destination I've dreamed of for so long.

The hospital's day care center is scheduled to open in April, a few months before I will need it. It will be located exactly a 5-minute walk from my house and, more importantly, a 5-minute walk from my office.

Since I started the long and tedious adoption process, I have not had a single doubt that this was my calling in life. I would still feel that way without this latest news, but having heard the news about an onsite day care center at my workplace just in time for my little girl, I'm completely in awe.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Since no one else is leaving comments on my blog, I am going to leave my own. ;) I read a posting today on the Hope Yahoo group from someone else who had a similar experience. She mentioned the "constant confirmations" that we are all on the right path. I like her wording. Constant confirmations = all green lights!